Thursday, June 27, 2013

Riverside Murals

Riverside is a pretty unique city and while I can't say that I do not miss the climate and culture of San Diego, Riverside has really grown on me. I particularly enjoy the legacy of my husband Jason Wilson's family here. His great-great grandfather, George Stanley Wilson, was a prominent architect back in the day. Jason's best friend Reid Macfarlane (RIP buddy!) even grew up in a home designed by G.Stanley!

It's a small world here in Riverside. My daughter wrote a song about Riverside, you can hear it here.
When her orthodontist, Dr. Jack Kavanagh, remodeled his front office, I offered my opinion that there should be a mural there. Low and behold, he agreed! He said he would like to feature Riverside landmarks, and so I chose two of my personal favorites; The Peace Tower and Friendship Bridge on Mt. Rubidoux and the Rotunda at the Mission Inn. G.Stanley Wilson designed the beautiful rotunda.



I really love the details in this mural and am very happy at the result, now all they need to do is finish off the carpet trim!


Roulan working by my side
so proud of his lizard 

little hummingbird detail for the ladies working hard by the desk all day :)

it was pretty big!

Some details and a close up of the signature. Both of my children helped work on the mural so their names are on it as well. Kaelah did most of the cobble stones, the world peace sign, and the buckwheat flowers; and Roulan drew the lizard all by himself and painted it too!
me with my mural of the rotunda

The rotunda at the Mission Inn


No comments:

Post a Comment